San Francisco, California – January 31, 2018 – Appeon, a provider of software for accelerating the development of data-rich business apps, today announced the general availability of PowerBuilder 2017 R2 Japanese. This release is the first Japanese new installment of the PowerBuilder development platform from Appeon. It brings PowerBuilder’s highly-productive business app development capabilities to Windows 10, iOS, and Android, uses a new cloud-based licensing model, adding new interoperability features, developer productivity enhancements, and support for the open-source PostgreSQL database. This revision paves the way to utilize new cloud-specific features, powered by the cross-OS .NET Core, that are currently planned for PowerBuilder 2018. It also incorporates all the latest fixes from PowerBuilder 12.6 and 2017, making it ripe for production use.
PowerBuilder 2017 R2 Japanese provides PowerBuilder projects with a handful of notable new features:
- Mobile App Development – rapidly and easily deploy existing code assets (including reports) to iOS and Android, and tap into mobile device-specific functionality with Apache Cordova plugins.
- Expanded Compatibility – deploy PowerBuilder apps to Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016, while using SQL Server 2016, SQL Anywhere 17, in addition to many other database and versions. PostgreSQL version 10 is also officially supported.
- Built-in PDF Support – generate PDF files and report printouts from your PowerBuilder app, without having the configuration hassles and costs of a third-party PDF generation solution.
- JSON Parser & Generator – provide high-performance engine for parsing and generating JSON-formatted data conveniently by just adding a few lines of code.
- Datawindow JSON Retrieve – power your DataWindow reports and read-only DataWindows with RESTful Web APIs (JSON data format), regardless what programming language was used to develop the Web APIs, just by adding a few lines of code.
- Git & SVN Interfaces – native interfaces are provided for both Git and SVN, supporting more source control features, delivering faster response time, and eliminating third-party plugins.
- Cloud-based Licensing – PowerBuilder licenses now follow the developer rather than being tied to a specific workstation, and it is delivered through Appeon’s new cloud-based license management system.
How Do I Get Started?
PowerBuilder 2017 R2 Japanese is now generally available for evaluation, upgrade, or new purchase. Free trial versions of the product are fully functional for a period of 30 days, and a free self-guided training course is available for developers new to PowerBuilder. Customers who have pre-ordered PowerBuilder 2017 can download paid versions of the product from the Appeon Website. New customers can purchase the product directly from Appeon local partner Nippon Computer Systems(NCS)
Appeon helps software developers build faster, better, business apps. PowerBuilder, the flagship product of the company, has been used by over 18,000 organizations worldwide, and has a long history of being relied on for mission-critical systems. Appeon’s products simplify and accelerate the development of data-rich apps for Windows, iOS, and Android. For more information, visit www.appeon.com, or follow Appeon on social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
© 2018 Appeon Inc. All rights reserved.
For customers interested in learning more about Appeon products:
Global Customer Center: +1-877-3APPEON (+1-877-327-7366), email@example.com
Nippon Computer Systems (Appeon Japan Local Partner): +81-3-5532-1550, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, press only:
Marketing Dept., Appeon, +1-877-327-7366 x626, email@example.com